St. Matthew Christian Childcare with Footsteps Preschool has been serving the Spring Lake community since 2005.
We are a mission of St. Matthew Lutheran Church, affiliated with the Lutheran Church Missouri-Synod-a system with more than 1800 early childhood centers, 900 elementary schools, about 100 high schools, 10 universities and 2 seminaries throughout the United States since 1847.
Our purpose it to help build a strong spiritual, intellectual, emotional, physical and social framework of reference for living and to create a strong foundation for later, more formal education. Most importantly we feel that each child needs to feel good about themselves and know that God loves them.
We are dedicated to providing the families of our community with a quality Christian preschool and child care program in a joyful, loving environment. Our purpose is to help build a strong spiritual, intellectual, emotional, physical and social framework of reference for living and to create a foundation for later, more formal education. Most importantly, we feel that each child needs to feel good about themselves and know that God loves them. Their view of themselves and others dictates how they react to experiences that life presents to them.
1. Children will learn to know Jesus as their Savior and Friend.
2. Children will explore a variety of developmentally appropriate learning centers and activities.
3. Children will discover, manipulate and experience materials in a variety of creative ways.
4. Children will tend to their own physical needs in the areas of eating, cleanup and toileting.
5. Children will interact with adults and other children in cooperative settings.
6. Children will be given and have opportunities to express their feelings through the many learning activities in the classroom including: Dramatic Play, Art, Literacy, Music and Movement, Worship, Math and Science.
7. Children will use appropriate words to express their feelings and needs.
8. Children will develop cognitive and physical skills, which are appropriate to their age and ability.
9. Children will develop feelings of empathy toward other people.
10. Children will see their parents and teachers as supportive and loving caregivers.
11. Children will develop a sense of perseverance, responsibility and independence.